|Appearances||Devil May Cry|
|“||I am Alastor. The weak shall give their heart and swear their eternal loyalty to me.||”|
—Alastor, Devil May Cry
Alastor is a living Devil Arm, the "Thunder Sword" and "Spirit of Lightning", appearing in Devil May Cry. It is also one of the two keys alongside Ifrit that can unlock Dante's inner, unlimited power. It can only be wielded by the "chosen one" who can conquer it, but it is able to grant its possessor lightning speed and aerial capability.
Alastor has guard with a dragon head with two wings biting onto a golden blade. The hilt has a swirling pattern leading to skulls at the bottom with a spike pointing out.
In terms of raw damage, Alastor has moves lended by Force Edge, with some new ones that can be purchased. Its speed and attack power are enhanced by its lightning. In Devil Trigger, attacks have more damage and speed along with the ability to hover, shoot lightning, and spiral at the enemy.
While the Alastor is equipped, the menu screens are shrouded in lightning. Also, if you get Ifrit the lightning will merge with the fire in the Divinity Statue menu.
Alastor the Thunder DevilEdit
Dante finds Alastor impaled through the chest of a sculpture of an agonized woman, and it speaks to Dante of its intent to enslave him. It flies through the air and nails him to the ground, but he removes and subdues it, becoming one with it in the process.
After that point, Dante can use Devil Trigger and channel Alastor's power, enhancing his attacks with lightning and allowing him to take the form of a winged, tailed Demon.
Devil May CryEdit
|Alastor Combo I||N/A||,,||A quick 3-hit combo.|
|Alastor Combo II||N/A||,,-,,||Quickly slash the enemies in front of you 4 times before you slash down with great power. When using Devil Trigger, this replaces Alastor Combo I (in other words the need to pause between the second and third inputs is negated).|
|Million Stab||N/A||,,—, (rapid)||Quickly stab the enemy with blinding speed creating enough momentum to blast them backward.|
|High Time||N//A||++||Swing the sword in an upward rising motion, bashing up enemies into the air. Continue holding to jump, and again to slash down.|
|Air Hike||4,000||(mid-air)||Double jump in the air.|
|Round Trip||1,550||(hold and release)||Throw the sword like a boomerang.|
|Round Trip Combo||N/A||, , (Round Trip)||A right-left punch followed by a torso kick and kick 13.|
|Stinger||Level 1: 350; Level 2: 1400||++||With lightning speed, plunge the sword into enemies. Level 2 plunges the sword from an even further distance. If performed near an edge, the Stinger will continue into the air and become a long jump.|
|Vortex||Level 1: 1,150; Level 2: 2,400||(Air Raid)||Damage enemies with an intense spinning body attack. Level 2 keeps attacking as long as DT gauges last.|
|Air Raid||750||(mid-air, Devil Trigger)||Become airborne and be capable of performing aerial electrocution attacks. Press / to strike electrocution.|
Alastor's manifested spirit, Blade Master Alastor, appears as a recurring boss and sometimes as a playable character in the Viewtiful Joe series, also by Capcom. It is revealed in Dante's story line of the game that Alastor has left the sword due to Dante's carelessness. Dante responds by saying Alastor "really knows how to hold a grudge." Also, Dante wields the Alastor during his appearances in Viewtiful Joe and Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble.
Alastor also appears as one of the final weapons for Date Masamune in Sengoku Basara 2, and there are six copies of Alastor that Date Masamune can use. When you first acquire Alastor with Azure Dragon, it is actually called "Azure Prophet".
"Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate"Edit
Alastor appears as a craftable weapon for palicoes by using 2 "Amulet Keepsake"s from the mission "Gravios May Cry".
Alastor, meaning "Avenger", was a genius or spirit of familial feuds in classical mythology, and encouraged violent retribution. In this respect, it often referred to Zeus, the lightning god. In Christian demonology, it became the chief executioner of Hell.
- Please see Alastor Gallery
- One of the hosts of the series Mythbusters, Jamie Hyneman, has a prop version of the Alastor which can be seen in his office. This is because his visual effects company, M5 Industries, was behind the US Devil May Cry commercial.
- The Thunder Edge of Okami, wielded by Amaterasu, is a similar lightning sword whose Sub-Glaive lunge attack is very similar to the Alastor's Stinger attack.
- Alastor and Ifrit both are comparable to Raizan and Enryuu from the Onimusha series of game, both sharing the similarity in thunder element bearing speed oriented offense while flame element bearing brute power play.
- There is a character in the Viewtiful Joe series who is named Alastor and wields what appears to be the sword Alastor.
- When you head into options menu in Devil May Cry while having Alastor equiped, you can see the devil trigger with Dante firing lightning.
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "Alastor is the form of "Spirit of Lightning". It only obeys commands of the chosen one. Hence, the powers of the Alastor do not work effectively against the Plasma."
- ↑ Devil May Cry Game Manual
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Devil Arms — Alastor: "Gives the possessor lightning speed and aerial capabilities."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Alastor: "I am Alastor. The weak shall give their heart and swear their eternal loyalty to me."
|Dante - Trish - The Dark Knight Sparda|
|Griffon - Mundus - Nelo Angelo - Nightmare - Phantom|
|Beelzebub - Blade - Fetish - Frost - Kyklops - Marionette - Nobody - Plasma - Sargasso - Shadow - Sin Scissors & Scythe|
|Alastor - Force Edge & Sparda - Ifrit - Yamato|
|Locations & Miscellaneous|
|Bangle of Time - Broken Bridge - Dante's Office - Mallet Island - Mirror World|