|“||I have served the dream of a world you spoke of. The Savior you preached of. But you used my sister, Kyrie, who has nothing to do with this, and that is beyond forgiveness.||”|
—Credo, Devil May Cry 4
Credo as he appears in Devil May Cry 4
|Alias(es)||One-winged Dark Knight (誇り高き刃：隻翼の魔剣士 Hokoritakaki Ha: Sekiyoku no Makenshi?, lit. "Proud Blade: One-winged Dark Knight"), Angelo Credo|
|Former Affiliation(s)||Order of the Sword|
|Former Occupation(s)||Supreme General of the Holy Knights|
|Relation(s)||Kyrie (younger sister)|
|Species||Angelo (Demon); Formerly Human|
|Real World Data|
|Appearance(s)||Devil May Cry 4|
|Actor(s)||Terence J. Rotolo (voice)
Daniel Southworth (motion capture)
Credo (also known as Angelo Credo) was Supreme General of the Holy Knights for the Order of the Sword, older brother of Kyrie and former mentor to Nero. Formerly human, he was turned into a demon from the Ascension Ceremony. He is a boss encountered by Nero in Mission 08 and serves as one of the game's antagonists.
- Character - Credo
- Credo is the Supreme General of the Holy Knights, and earned his title due to his ability with a blade, his austere demeanor and ability to lead his forces have made him a beloved leader and comrade. As Kyrie’s brother, he too has accepted Nero into his family, despite the youth’s insubordination.
- Enemy - Angelo Credo
- The demon form of Credo after his Ascension Ceremony. The Shield held in his left hand is meant to protect the Order and tus exists as a symbol of Credo's faith. This shield is also capable of repelling any sort of attack.'
Like Agnus, Credo possesses a demonic form after his Ascension Ceremony, named "Angelo Credo", or the "One-winged Dark Knight" (誇り高き刃：隻翼の魔剣士 Hokoritakaki Ha: Sekiyoku no Makenshi?, lit. "Proud Blade: One-winged Dark Knight") His indestructible shield represents his willingness to defend the Order, and thus his unwavering faith to the Order of the Sword.
Angelo Credo's fighting style is almost identical to that of Nelo Angelo and Alto Angelo. He even emulates the former's Summoned Swords by manifesting golden spears of energy that operate in a similar matter. When Credo throws these spears, a well timed Buster will send it right back at him. This leaves him open for a Buster if the player gets to him fast enough.
Devil May Cry 4Edit
Credo is first seen in the introduction as part of the audience while Sanctus preaches about the heroic deeds of Sparda. He occasionally glares towards Nero until Kyrie joins the latter. As Dante crashes in and assassinates Sanctus, he screams an order at the knights present to kill him while Credo attends to the prophet's corpse. Before Dante can confirm the kill, Nero jumps in and confronts the Son of Sparda directly as Credo takes his sister to safety and calls for backup. After the fight, he returns with his sister, who gives Nero the Red Queen. He quickly berates Nero for his carelessness in the situation, but leaves it up to him to take care of the demons.
Later on, he is seen watching over the corpse of Sanctus as it undergoes a violent transformation: the process of the Ascension Ceremony. After Sanctus awakens, Credo reports the status of the situation concerning Dante. Agnus visits to behold Sanctus' new power, and warns Credo of the threat of compromise to his research by Nero, but Credo seems unconcerned by it.
Once more, he attends a meeting between him, Gloria, Agnus, and Sanctus discussing the current situation. As Gloria leaves, Credo expresses doubt about her loyalty to the Order, despite her having brought them the Sparda. Credo makes another appearance to intercept Nero's and reveals himself to have taken part in the Ascension, taking on the form of an angel-like demon to face off against the half-demon. Nero defeats him and absorbs a part of his shield, forcing Credo to revert to his human form. Before Nero can move in to kill Credo, their battle is witnessed by Kyrie and in the confusion, Agnus kidnaps her. Credo was unaware of this twist however and openly rebels against the Order to save his sister.
Credo's last stand is witnessed as he attacks Sanctus, who is now empowered by the Savior, but fails, and is impaled by Yamato. Credo explains how he believes in everything that the Order stood for, but his faith shattered when Sanctus used his own, innocent sister to get to Nero and Yamato. Sanctus, who thinks that love is worthless, throws him off the statue. Before he can fall very far, Dante sweeps in to catch him. As his skin pales, he tells Dante and Trish about Sanctus' plans to open the real Hell Gate and then destroy all demons. Before dying, he forces himself to his feet and begs Dante to honor his last request to save Nero and Kyrie.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Credo is a known master of the sword, being one of the reasons he was given the Supreme General title of the Holy Knights. He was the one who taught Nero how to use a sword, his tutelage given the younger male skill in a blade. He's also a capable leader, ultimately being the other reason in which earned him his promotion.
Having participated in the Ascension Ceremony, Credo was turn into an Angelo demon, a certain kind of demon in which has the appearance of an angel-like being. Due to participating in this ceremony, he is granted demonic powers that enabled him to battle the likes of Nero, despite the latter being more powerful then him.
Credo in his Angelo form is capable of teleporting short distances in an instant, flight, and can summon golden spears in which he can throw or surround his opponents with. His most acclaimed ability his the Aegis Shield, a powerful shield that represents his faith in the Order. It is capable of repelling attacks from Nero's Red Queen.
- In the novelization of Devil May Cry 4, it was mentioned that Credo was the person who taught Nero his sword fighting skills.
- Credo's status as the one-winged dark knight is similar to Final Fantasy VII antagonist Sephiroth's "Safer-Sephiroth" boss form (also, his theme has a similar name, "One-Winged Angel").
- ↑ Devil May Cry 4, Character — Credo: "Credo is the Supreme General of the Holy Knights, and earned his title due to his ability with a blade, his austere demeanor and ability to lead his forces have made him a beloved leader and comrade. As Kyrie’s brother, he too has accepted Nero into his family, despite the youth’s insubordination."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Devil May Cry 4
- ↑ Devil May Cry 4, Boss File — Angelo Credo: "The demon form of Credo after his Ascension ceremony. The shield held in his left hand is meant to protect the Order and thus exists as a symbol of Credo’s faith. The shield is also capable of repelling any sort of attack."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 4: Deadly Fortune
|Agnus - Credo - Dante - Gloria - Kyrie - Lady - Nero - Sanctus - Trish|
|Bael & Dagon - Berial - Containment Room - Echidna - The Savior|
|Alto & Bianco Angelo - Assault - Basilisk - Blitz - Chimera Seed & Chimera - Cutlass - Fault - Frost - Gladius - Mephisto & Faust - Scarecrow|
| Nero: Blue Rose - Devil Bringer - Red Queen - Yamato|
Dante: Ebony & Ivory - Coyote-A - Rebellion - Gilgamesh - Pandora - Lucifer - Yamato
|Buster - Dark Slayer Style - Gunslinger Style - Royalguard Style - Swordmaster Style - Trickster Style|
|Dante's Office - Fortuna - Fortuna Castle - Mitis Forest|