Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
List of Key ItemsEdit
- The first key is found in the first mission in the hand of a seemingly lifeless puppet within the gatekeeper's room and is used to open the door to the hangar.
- The second key is found in Mission 2 embedded in the painting of a Grim Reaper within the library and is used to open the door to the courtyard.
- The final key is found within a pipe in the waterways in Mission 6, and is used to open a door further along them.
Staff of JudgmentEdit
- A mysterious ornamental staff found in Mallet Castle that is required to open the Judge of Death door. It cannot be used as a weapon. It is found in Mission 2.
Pride of LionEdit
- A somewhat sacred seal that allows passage through the Lion's Door. (Shadow) It is found in Mission 3: Destroyer of Ardor.
Death Sentence & Melancholy SoulEdit
- The Death Sentence is an extremely decorative sword that is said to be used for rituals, although its only in-game function is to act as a key to retrieve the Melancholy Soul from the Melancholy bust. It cannot be wielded.
- A strange ornament that is described to look like a soul, although it merely looks like a brownish-reddish ball with speckles. It acts as the key into the Mallet Sewers, although it must be inserted into the door quickly, or else it will lose its power.
Both key items are found in Mission 4.
- A literal key to unlocking the sun door in Mallet Castle that leads to an unholy ritual chamber holding a Divinity Statue. It must be inserted quickly into the sun door however, or it will slowly kill Dante. It is found in Mission 6.
- A decorative pike that is the symbol of a god, used as a key to unlocking the iron wrought gate in Mallet Castle. It cannot be used as a weapon. The Trident is found on the roof of the mansion in Mission 8 after defeating Phantom.
Sign of Chastity & ChaliceEdit
- A taxidermic organ coated in a strange crystal, it acts as a key to unlocking the safeguard to the Chalice. It most closely resembles a brain.
- A seemingly sacred goblet that apparently held the blood of important mythological deities who were sometimes referred to as the "divine dead". 
Both key items are found in Mission 11.
Staff of HermesEdit
- The symbol of a messenger god often used to represent alchemy, it acts as a key to opening two magical mirrors. It cannot be used as a weapon.
Emblem Shield & Pair of LancesEdit
- A small shield donning the insignia of a skull, it acts as a key to unlocking two doors: one leads to the Pair of Lances, and the other leads to the hidden Fire Arm, Nightmare Beta. The Emblem shield is one of the few key items that can be used more than once.
- A pair of small, but heavy-looking javelins held by the knight statues on the coliseum double doors which allow passage into the sacrificial grounds. They cannot be wielded as weapons.
Luminite is an ordinary Underworld stone that has become fluorescent when brought to the Human World. It can be found during Mission 15: Wheel of Destiny, in a pile of rubble blocking the corridor surrounding the Coliseum, and it must be obtained in order to open the doors of the lower corridors containing the Pair of Lances and the Nightmare-β.
Wheel of DestinyEdit
A round, metal plate with engraving that represents destiny. Required to re-lower the drawbridge of Mallet Castle. Obtaining it at the end of Mission 15 ends the mission. It is used at the beginning of Mission 16 to lower the drawbridge and re-enter the castle.
Philosopher's Egg & ElixirEdit
- The Philosopher's Stone was a mythical stone said to have the power to change any metal to gold, and in some legends, produced the Elixir of Life, which granted immortality to the drinker.
- The Chalice is based upon the Holy Grail, which according to medieval literature, was used as a dish at the last supper, then retrieved by Joseph of Arimathea to collect Jesus Christ's blood as he hung on the cross. Because of this, acquiring the grail was a major goal of King Arthur.
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Rusty Key: "This key is rusted but it should work."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Staff of Judgment: "A staff that shines with mysterious light."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Pride of Lion: "A sign of the strong. It allows confrontation with the Lion gatekeeper."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Death Sentence: "A decorative sword used for rituals. It cannot be used as a weapon."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Melancholy Soul: "An ornament resembling a soul. When activated, it loses its power over time."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Guiding Light: "A key that shines in ardor. It slowly drains the power of the possessor."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Trident: "A heavily decorated, three pronged pike that's used for rituals. It cannot be used as a weapon."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Sign of Chastity: "A taxidermic organ coated by crystal. Within it is the "sign of chastity" that's necessary for searching the chalice."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Chalice: "The cup which held the blood of the divine dead."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Staff of Hermes: "It's decorated with two snakes coiled onto the staff."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Emblem Shield: "A small shield. The emblem has the same shape as that of those sealing the doors of the coliseum."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Pair of Lances: "A pair of lances that's to be held by the knights who guard the gate. You cannot equip this item."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Luminite: "A mysterious stone that shines in the dark. An ordinary stone that exists in the Underworld has somehow, over time, gained different properties in the human world."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Wheel of Destiny: "A round plate resembling destiny's repetitive cycle."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Quicksilver: "A crystal ball filled with mercury. The mercury has lunar powers that will open sealed doors."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Philosopher's Egg: "A material used in alchemy."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Elixir: "It's the metamorphic form of the Philosopher's Egg. You can unseal the spells of the mirror."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Items — Philosopher's Stone: "It is the key to unlocking the gate of the Underworld."