Marionettes are easy to destroy. Whenever you hear repeated whirring and "ka-tick" sounds, jump or dodge to evade their incoming attack. If their warcry immobilizes you, wiggle your Left Analog Stick left and right repeatedly to break free or activate Devil Trigger.
Their daggers are thrown in a straight line. The pendulum blades curve all around. The shotguns, however powerful, leave them wide open for attack after they have fired.
You can easily defeat Marionettes by hitting them into the air and shooting at them with Ebony and Ivory.
At times the Marionette will unleash a powerful attack by elaborately twirling their blades while laughing before suddenly rushing Dante and undercutting him into the air.
The attacks for Marionettes differ, depending on which one you encounter. As for their moves, Marionettes should not be underestimated for their remarkably slow speed and lack of action. If the battle keeps on, the evil puppets will start going rampant and performing more aggressive attacks.
Blade Marionette/Knife Marionette/Bloody Mari
- Slash - a simple attack, with usage of swords-for-hand weapons of marionette.
- Glaive throw - a simple ranged attack, made by throwing the attached "razor hands" away to Dante.
- Parry/Counterattack - a defensive measure, blocking a Dante's melee attack and going into immediate response hit.
- Pounce - marionette jumps on Dante's shoulders and launches multiple stabs, immobolizing him.
- "Marionettize" - marionette's eyes start glowing red as it's releasing a sinister enegry out of itself which makes any non-puppet being hung by mysterious strings, restraining the victim completely.
- Buckshot - using whatever aiming skills possible, marionette lands a successful hit to a target, with a surprising attack range. However a sideroll or a jump will avoid incoming volley.
Marionettes are puppets controlled by a puppeteer using strings. They are used for performance in theaters and are enjoyed mostly by kids. Marionettes were widely used in Italy during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance period.
"Bloody Mari" is a marionette-based pun on the term "Bloody Mary".
The Jester Marionette is an alternate costume for Bianky.
The "Immortal Marionette" accessory from Bayonetta, another game directed by Hideki Kamiya, is designed after the Bloody Mari.
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Marionette: "They are low-class evil spirits that borrow the bodies of puppets in order to exist in a physical state."
|Dante - Trish - The Dark Knight Sparda|
|Griffon - Mundus - Nelo Angelo - Nightmare - Phantom|
|Beelzebub - Blade - Fetish - Frost - Kyklops - Marionette - Nobody - Plasma - Sargasso - Shadow - Sin Scissors & Scythe|
|Alastor - Force Edge & Sparda - Ifrit - Yamato|
|Locations & Miscellaneous|
|Bangle of Time - Broken Bridge - Dante's Office - Mallet Island - Mirror World|