| I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight! |
"Its extremities reach the sky. Its intestines reflect the color of darkness. Its name means a tower of misery."
Nefasturris (Lat: "Tower of Sin") is the boss for Mission 6 of Dante's scenario in Devil May Cry 2. It emerges from a skyscraper in Uroboros City, but Dante beats it down, eventually slaying the Nefascapitas, and continues on to stop Arius. Nefasturris later reappears as a component of Argosax the Chaos.
Nefasturris is a giant skyscraper-possessing demon, composed of thousands of bat-like Nefasvermis (Lat: "Worm of Sin"), which also serve as energy conduits between the giant and the Demon World. The Nefasvermis, seemingly composed of darkness, combine within a skyscraper and manifest the form of a giant humanoid emerging from the building. After its first form is defeated, its decapitated head continues to fight on as Nefascapitas (Lat: "Head of Sin").
Nefasturris attacks by firing white lasers from its mouth, either many at once, like a shotgun, or one continuously. it goes without saying that you should not attack it from the front., which is its weak point. Once it is damaged enough, it releases some of the Nefasvermis to attack Dante as well as to block him from attacking itself. As Nefascapitis, it still fires lasers, though it can also create floating laser beams that it directs at Dante. it also has some of its spine still attached, which is its weak point.
Nefastarrius is likely based on Nimrod, who was responsible for the creation of the Tower of Babel. In the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri, Nimrod is placed in the ninth circle of Hell, Cocytus (for treachery) and is reduced to mumbling incoherent sentences as a reminder for his attempt to build a tower to reach Heaven.
Alternatively, Nefastarrius' appearance seems to be based on the Gashadokuru of Japanese mythology. The Gashadokuru was a giant, undead monster created from numerous corpses and could only be detected by hearing a loud ringing in one's ears and would target people who are alone.
- The "Nefas-" in the names of its forms was mistranslated as "disaster" in the enemy files and "misery" in the Guidepost.
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Nefasturris: "A giant monster with a name that means “Tower of Disaster”."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Nefasvermis: "It is believed that these wicked creatures work as the conduit to transmit the energy from the demon world to make the giant move."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Guidepost for the Hunters — Chapter 6 Clause 2: "Its extremities reach the sky. Its intestines reflect the color of darkness. Its name means a tower of misery."
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Enemy File — Nefascapitas: "The decapitated head of Nefasturris. It is also known as the “Head of Disaster”."
|Arius - Dante - Lucia - Matier - Trish|
|Argosax - Bolverk - Furiataurus - Infested Chopper - Infested Tank - Jokatgulm - Nefasturris - Noctpteran - Orangguerra - Phantom - Tartarussian & Plutonian - Tateobesu - Trismagia|
|Blade - Demonochorus - Erupt Gel - Finis Demon - Flambat - Infestant - Goat Clan - Mancer Demon - Msira - Puia - Sargasso - Savage Golem - Secretary - Spicere|
|Dante's weapons: Merciless - Rebellion - Vendetta - Ebony & Ivory - Missile Launcher - Shotgun - Submachine Guns|
Lucia's weapons: Cutlaseer - Klyamoor - Zambak - Bow Gun - Cranky Bomb - Darts - Throwing Daggers
Trish's weapons: Sparda - Luce & Ombra - Nightmare-γ
|Locations & Miscellaneous|
|Dante's Office - Demon World - Dumary Island - Human World|