Plasmas are bat-like, shape-changing enemies in Devil May Cry. Their ability to copy the actions of Dante and to multiply make them particularly troublesome to fight. In addition, they are immune to Nightmare-β and Alastor.
The Plasma is an evil spirit that manifests through electricity, usually in the form of a giant, one-eyed bat. It also has the ability to transform into the shape of its opponent, allowing it to copy their behaviors and actions, and it can separate into two new bodies, each fully recovered, though this usually happens only when it is attacked with a sword. The only sure way to prevent this multiplication is to eliminate all Plasmas present nearly simultaneously. Because of its ability to manipulate ambient energy, it can bend light, and is immune to electrical attacks.
While in bat form, it is able to fire a blade of electricity that travels quite fast, though it telegraphs this attack by charging its body with light, first. It is also able to fire a beam of charged electricity that sweeps horizontally across the room, but this is slow enough to spot and avoid by jumping.
Ifrit is the best weapon to use against Plasmas, and one performance of Inferno will usually destroy all nearby Plasmas. While it is in bat form, you need to be ready to dodge the electric blades and beams. However, while it is in human form it will only use punches, sword slashes, and an electric version of Inferno, which does not rise above the ground, so jumping can help you evade it. It is quite easy to just keep on hitting them with the Ifrit to defeat them. There is also a way to get more red orbs, similar to the "phantom red orb trick." You hit the plasmas a few times just enough to cause it to split, then let them follow you, and then activate devil trigger to use Inferno with Ifrit. This should raise your Style ranking decently and grant you more orbs.
Plasma in physics and chemistry is a state of matter similar to gas in which a portion of the particles are ionized. This ionization gives plasma its unique properties, such as filamentation (a la splitting), and causes it to display extremely complex behavior not easily described by mathematical equations.
Plasma is an alternate costume for Dante.
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "They are electrical evil spirits transformed into the shape of bats."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "They have the ability to copy and transform into the shapes of their opponents. Not only do they copy their shapes but they also have the ability to imitate their behaviors and actions as well."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "The Plasma will separate without warning. How they separate is unknown. Even after separation, they have identical abilities and fully recovered energy. The only way to stop them from multiplying is to eliminate all of them almost simultaneously."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "Plasma is an embodiment of evil electricity. Thus, the use of Nightmare-β against it is useless. Its ability to manipulate ambient energy will only bend the light, not damaging it at all."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "Alastor is the form of “Spirit of Lightning”. It only obeys commands of the chosen one. Hence, the powers of the Alastor do not work effectively against the Plasma."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "When they are in the form of bats, they fire blades of electricity. Be ready when you see them start to charge up light."
- ↑ Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Plasma: "The charged electricity that fires from their eye is dangerous. The electricity travels horizontally, so if you sense danger, jump upwards to avoid being hit."
|Dante - Trish - The Dark Knight Sparda|
|Griffon - Mundus - Nelo Angelo - Nightmare - Phantom|
|Beelzebub - Blade - Fetish - Frost - Kyklops - Marionette - Nobody - Plasma - Sargasso - Shadow - Sin Scissors & Scythe|
|Alastor - Force Edge & Sparda - Ifrit - Yamato|
|Locations & Miscellaneous|
|Bangle of Time - Broken Bridge - Dante's Office - Mallet Island - Mirror World|