|Vie de Marli's Clan|
|Base of Operations||Vie de Marli|
|Real World Data|
|Appearance(s)||Devil May Cry 2|
Before Devil May Cry 2Edit
The clan was formed long ago when Dumary Island was founded. Many people with different beliefs, languages, and culture came together and merged themselves with the intention of coexisting peacefully due to their common belief of being pagan. As time passed, all their belief began merging into one.
Battle with ArgosaxEdit
Several centuries ago, the clan summoned Sparda as an ally to help defeat the king known as Argosax the Chaos, who was worshiped and ruled the Demon World. Sparda defeated Argosax and prevented him from entering the human world, sealing him using the four relics known as the Arcana.
Devil May Cry 2Edit
In the current era, when Arius, the president of Uroboros, begins collecting the Arcana relics for his selfish gains and turns the land into a paradise for demons, the Protector known as Matier summons Dante for assistance
Protectors in the ClanEdit
Members of the clan are called "Protectors" (or Guardians) and are sworn to safeguard Vie de Marli , uphold peace between each of the townsfolk on Dumary Island, and secure the shrines in which contain the Arcana.These Protectors are trained by their own into their various duties and can even include members who are not part of the clan by blood.
- According to Bradygames Devil May Cry 2 Official Strategy Guide, the Vie de Marli's Clan, called the "Protectorate", is a clan consisting of female devil hunters with demon blood.
- While Devil May Cry 2 refers to members of the clan as "Protectors", the instruction manual and in-game dialogue also refers to them as "guardians".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Devil May Cry 2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Devil May Cry 2 Instruction Manual
- ↑ Devil May Cry 2, Prologue: "One recent tale, only a few hundred years old, told of a great swordsman appearing from 'the outside' to aid in exorcising the most evil god of all time."
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ DMC2 Brady Strategy Guide - Lucia the Protector Page: Since that dark page in history, the islands of Vindu Mali (Vie De Marli) were cleared of demonic influences and protected from that time by a race of heroric half-demon women.