Sengoku Basara (known in English as Devil Kings) is a crowd fighting game developed by Capcom.
In an interview of Hiroyuki Kobayashi by IGN, Kobayashi stated that Devil Kings is actually a mix-up of Devil May Cry and Street Fighter, where some of the moves of the characters are based on Devil May Cry itself.
References to Devil May Cry seriesEdit
- The font used on the cover of Devil Kings is the font style used in the Devil May Cry series.
- The character Sanada Yukimura (named in the North American version as "Scorpio") uses the Ifrit as his arm guards.
- A number of characters in the first title have unlockable weapons from Devil May Cry 1.
- The character Kenshin Uesugi fights with an Iaido technique similar to Vergil.
- The third title Sengoku Basara 3 (Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes) stars Johnny Yong Bosch and Reuben Langdon as the primary and secondary protagonists, just as in Devil May Cry 4.
- Nouhime (named in the North American version as "Lady Butterfly") has two handguns modeled after the Ebony & Ivory for her sixth weapon.
- Nouhime also resembles the title character from Bayonetta.
- The character Itsuki has a move named Matsuribayashi which is very similar to Nero's Streak.
- ↑ Let's give the characters a kind of Devil May Cry flair -- some really cool moves, like the kind of things you might see in Devil May Cry. Let's the characters and make them all vastly and distinctly different from one another, like Street Fighter II - An excerpt from the interview (Wikipedia Entry)