Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So from what I've seen a lot of people believe that the Devil May Cry Timeline goes DMC3 - DMC1 - DMC4 - DMC 2. However some beleive that such isn't possible, as in DMC 4 Dante is of a larger build and Lady has matured significantly. DMC 2 can't possibly explain that, and in DMC 4 the game treats itself as if it is a sequal to the original DMC. So I have a proposal what if, the order of the games really goes like this: DMC3 - DMC2 - DMC1 - DMC4. This is supported by various things found in the game.
- In DMC 2 Dante can run on walls in various diffirent ways, just like in DMC 3, but in DMC 1 and 4, Dante no longer uses these methods suggesting he is older in those.
- Dante's hair is shorter in DMC 2 suggesting that after DMC 3 he cut it and it grew back by the time of DMC 1
- When Lucia goes to Devil May Cry in DMC 2 Trish isn't there, suggesting it came before DMC. It is also unlikely that in the time between DMC1 and 2 Trish left.
- As mentioned earlier this explains why in DMC 2 Dante is so skinny.
- Dante has a less promonent personality in DMC2 hinting that he is not used to his older age.
- As mentioned before DMC 4 treats itself as if it's the sequel to DMC 1, even having a remix of DMC's battle theme for Dante hinting they come back to back.
Evidence against this:
- Dante's coat could have made him look a bit bigger in DMC 4. Comparing DMC3 Dante before and after he puts his coat on.
- DMC2s coat seems to be made of a generally a thinner material, closed, and form fitting, it's possible that Dante only seems thinner.
- A Japanese CD drama (supposedly) states the reason behind Trish leaving is because she wanted to explore the human world.
- Hair length could be trivial. Matter of fact the ending scene of DMC 3 has Dante with his DMC1 hair style and clothes, hinting DMC1 might comes after.
- In DMC2, the coin Dante uses has Trish on it, suggesting he uses it as a memento
- Dante's DMC4 cutscenes feature more acrobatics than DMC2